February 02, 2012

Matte About You










After weeks of searching for it, I was finally able to get my hands on Essie's "Matte About You" matte finishing top coat! I've been keeping my eyes peeled every time I am in Ulta or Sephora for matte polish since I first heard of it earlier last year, but last month I read about Essie's matte top coat and have been on the look out for it ever since. It's been sold out everywhere! But I was fortunate enough to find it in a "Hair Cosmopolitan," and purchase it for $6.25! Ulta was selling it for $10, although always out of stock, so I was even more thrilled about getting it for nearly half the cost! I love that I have options here and it's not just a specific colored matte polish.. But now comes the difficult part of choosing what color I should paint my nails to try it on first!
PS- I also wanted to warn you guys not to buy OPI's "Nail Envy" matte top coat, I almost bought it when I couldn't find Essie's Matte Finisher anywhere, but thankfully a store employee warned me that although it says Matte on the box, the OPI one did not dry matte, it dried glossy and she had no idea why it said matte on the box. And it was $16.95, so she saved me more than $10! Thank god she was there to stop me! So just a forewarning incase you too are having a tough time finding Essie's Matte Topcoat..

No comments:

Post a Comment